Thailand News, Nightlife And Travel | RedEyeThai.com

Thailand News, Nightlife and Travel

Thailand News | RedEyeThai | Thailand News, Nightlife & Travel
In The Thai News

Seduction Disco Fire Started In The Changing Rooms

Phuket, Wed Feb 01 2017
More Thai News


Police have confirmed that the fire at Seduction disco on Patong’s famed Bangla Rd on Saturday the 29th January started in the staff changing rooms on the upstairs level of the nightclub. Police entered the building yesterday and carried out preliminary inspections in their investigation into the fire, confirmed Lt Col Jongserm Preecha, an investigator with the Patong Police.

“We have yet to confirm the exact cause of the fire but witnesses reported that the fire started in the changing rooms on second floor,” Col Preecha told The Phuket News. “We have yet to check CCTV from inside the club. The building has CCTV on every floor throughout the club, which is excellent and will help our investigations greatly,” he added. The building is structurally safe, but the fire caused more than 4 million baht in damage, Col Jongserm said.

The popular nightclub will be closed for months while repairs are carried out, club manager Wichan Phromthong confirmed. “The damage is covered by insurance, but the building must be closed for one to two months to carry out repairs and renovations,” he said.

In the meantime, no staff will lose their jobs, Mr Wichan assured. “We have to take care of them. They will be paid while the club is closed and they can return to work when we reopen the club after the repairs are finished,” he said.

The fire broke out at about 7:45pm, with all guests and staff safely evacuated from the building. You can read more on this story here:http://bit.ly/2kflURR

Phuket News
Find Your Perfect, Affordable Hotel At Agoda

More Recent Thai News

Find Your Perfect, Affordable Hotel At Agoda
RedEyeThai Nightlife Reviews