Thailand News, Nightlife And Travel | RedEyeThai.com

Thailand News, Nightlife and Travel

Thailand News | RedEyeThai | Thailand News, Nightlife & Travel
In The Thai News

7-Eleven Withdraw AIS 1-2-call Top Up Card Services

Bangkok, Sat Oct 29 2016
More Thai News


As many AIS customers have found out during October, if you are looking to top up your AIS 1-2-Call services then 7-Eleven is no longer an option following the withdrawal of the service from all of it’s 8000+ stores earlier this month.

In an announcement this week via prachachat.net, CP Group, the operators of 7-Eleven retail stores in Thailand, have confirmed that their recent negotiations with AIS to increase their profit share on AIS 1-2-Call top cards has failed and so the retail giant will no longer be offering 1-2-Call top up card services via it’s 7-Eleven stores. CP Group were looking to increase their margin on AIS mobile top up cards to 6%, inline with competitors DTAC and True Move H, but AIS has refused the request.

AIS services remain available via Tops, Big C, Tesco Lotus and Family Mart as well as Boonterm top-up machines (which are often found outside 7-Eleven stores!) and of course AIS outlets.

The Charoen Pokphand or CP Group, operators of 7-Eleven, are one of the largest companies in Thailand. The first 7-Eleven outlet was opened in 1989 on Patpong Road in Bangkok and by the end of 2014, the company had a total of 8,127 stores nationwide with 45% being in the Bangkok metropolitan area and the remaining 55% in provincial areas across Thailand. It is estimated that 7-Eleven serve over 10 million customers every day via there nationwide network of stores. The company has plans to open approximately 600 new stores annually, with the goal of 10,000 stores by 2018.

Advanced Info Service Plc or AIS was established in 1989, and is today the largest mobile operator in Thailand with over 38 million subscribers and 97% nationwide coverage. The company and its subsidiaries operate various telecommunication related businesses, including retail mobile phone services, an international direct dialling service and a data communications service. AIS recently announced its new vision to become “Digital Life Service Provider” which consists of three core businesses namely mobile, fixed broadband, and digital content.

Khao Sod English
Find Your Perfect, Affordable Hotel At Agoda

More Recent Thai News

Find Your Perfect, Affordable Hotel At Agoda
RedEyeThai Nightlife Reviews